10 Health Tips
The Chinese say eat until you feel 70% full and stop.
- Eat wisely
- Drink plentifully (of water) – I drink lots of tea and water
- Eliminate thoroughly – I eat a diet high in fiber
- Bathe cleanly – I value cleanliness
- Exercise rationally – I know the benefits of regular exercise
- Accept inevitables (don’t worry) – I let go of what can’t be controlled
- Play enthusiastically – I love to have fun and play
- Relax completely – I need to do more of this
- Sleep sufficiently – I also need more of this
- Check up occasionally – I haven’t seen a doctor in ages
Give 5% of your time to keeping well. You won’t have to give 100% getting over being sick.
70% of the nation is regarded as overweight. No surprise that the Urban Institute forecasts that the rapid increase of these conditions will add another $466 billion to the total cost by 2030.
Health = Prevention + Common Sense. It’s an essential investment. For example, four diseases associated with obesity and smoking — diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and stroke — today cost $238 billion a year ($134 billion of it paid by Medicare and Medicaid).
Let’s start to focus on our health now. The cost of failure is simply unacceptable.
Adapted from http://aarp.us/ty8hTP
Recipe for Chinese green beans with ground beef and black bean garlic sauce. Quick: Stir-fry lean ground beef with chopped garlic & black bean sauce. Add pre-cut and pre-washed green beans. Stir fry until cooked but still crispy and bright green. Yum!
Author of Dream: Creating a Better World